Another name for business law is commercial law; hence the term should not cause confusion. It is the body and structure of law that regulates business and commercial transactions, both public and private.
Business law is needed to create standards and procedures that help execute transactions. Furthermore, a policy framework is needed to help link and manage parties that are interested in conducting business with each other.
Term paper ideas for business law are needed if you have been assigned this task in one of your law classes. This topic tests a student’s grasp and understanding of commercial law and its adjoining areas. As a student, you will be required to display a strong handle on this topic.
This topic is vast and many a time over used; students are constantly looking for fresh term papers ideas for business law. Keep in mind, that if the topic is recent, fresh and holds practical implications for the readers, it is likely to score better points.
Below is a list of term paper ideas for business law. Combine these topics with research and supporting information to reinforce your work.
- Contract – contract law is one of the major sub fields of business law. You can write about the many kinds of contracts that are available to business partners or you can discuss the consequences of breaking a contract
- Company law – term paper ideas for business law can be found in the category of company law. You can write about the formation of companies or the details that earn company status. Questions such as what happens ‘when the company owners passes on’, can be discussed here.
- You can write a term paper on the various documents that are used in businesses that give them legal status. Some of these documents are the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association.
- Alternate dispute resolution is a major part of commercial law. This method of solving and managing disputes has gained popularity recently. Its sub fields include mediation, conciliation and negotiation.
- Employment law gives students a number of term paper ideas for business law. These can take the form of labor law, sexual harassment, hiring and firing, non-disclosure agreement and so on. These variables are of vital importance in the labor market.
- Intellectual property presents a wide variety of term paper ideas for business law for students. Public domain, trade secret, patent, trademark, copyright and so on, serve as viable topics.
This list of term paper ideas for business law should assist you in deciding a topic to write on.